Orthodox church of St. Kosma and Damian in Berest - a former wooden Greek Catholic church built in 1842, located in the town of Berest. After 1947, it was converted into a Roman Catholic church and since 1951 it serves as the parish church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help.
Orthodox church of St. Kosma and Damian in Berest - a former wooden Greek Catholic church built in 1842, located in the town of Berest. After 1947, it was converted into a Roman Catholic church and since 1951 it serves as the parish church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help . It is a wooden, Lemko church , carcass construction . The church is divided into three parts and consists of: a chancel , a square nave and a rectangular women's gallery. The tower has sloping walls with a slightly overhanging pseudo-isber . All walls are covered with shingles , only the radiator is planked vertically, and the joints of the boards are covered with narrow slats.
Over the nave pavilion roof and tower above the pavilion roof without kinks. Over the western part of the chancel, adjoining the nave, there is a ridge roof. All roofs are covered with sheet metal. Over all parts, uniform octagonal spherical helmets with false lanterns and iron crosses. On the walls there is an ornamental and figural polychrome from 1922 (in the presbytery) and 1928 (nave and women's gallery). Between the presbytery and the nave there is a complete iconostasis , built in the 19th century with the use of icons from the 17th and 18th centuries. In the presbytery of the 19th century there is an altar with 17th-century icons embedded in the side walls of the altar chest. In the nave there are baroque side altars from the 18th century. In the northern one, the graceful icon of the Protection of the Mother of God (Pokrow) from 1721, which until 1928 was located in the Orthodox church in Izby . Several other antique icons on the walls.
The church is surrounded by a stone wall. Outside the wall, there is a modern, wooden belfry made in 2003.
Ordinary order 17.00
Festive agenda 7.15 9.30 11.00 am